Custom Programs and Strategic Advising
Over the past 20 years, I have developed and delivered marketing, innovation, and product strategy programs for several large corporate clients. I have also consulted and advised major technology companies on growth, innovation, and marketing. Here are a few examples:
- Microsoft: Created and delivered marketing capability development programs continuously since 2002 for Microsoft and its subsidiaries worldwide. Conducted over 150 programs for Microsoft audiences in different modalities – In-person, Online Livestreamed, Online On-Demand Online and Train-the-Trainer. Programs include Kellogg on Marketing for Microsoft, Value Proposition Excellence, Modern Marketing Excellence and Product Strategy. I have conducted programs for Microsoft in the United States, Canada, India, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Turkey, France, Germany, UK, Denmark, and Israel
- Salesforce: Created and delivered in-person and virtual programs for Product Leadership as part of the LEAP program for high-potential product leaders at Salesforce. These programs have reached several hundred executives at the company from 2019 to 2021.
- Abbott Nutrition: Developed and delivered a workshop on digital transformation for Abbott Nutrition, followed by a “Shark Tank” workshop where teams presented digital transformation initiatives to the leadership team.
- AT&T: Taught at AT&T University in Dallas for two years. Conducted workshops on Winning in the Cloud and Platform Strategy for 700 of AT&T’s top executives across the organization, including all C-level executives.
- Cisco: Consulted for Cisco’s CMO and Service Provider Marketing organization for Whole Offer Design and Go-to-Market strategy. Keynoted multiple times for Cisco’s sales and marketing teams at the invitation of Cisco’s CMO.
- Dell: Advised Michael Dell on strategy and marketing. Invited by Michael Dell to speak to Dell’s leadership team in Austin.
- Ericsson: Keynoted alongside the CEO of Ericsson in Stockholm twice. Provided strategic marketing training and capability development programs for Ericsson’s corporate marketing organization.
- SAP: Served as an Academic Influencer for SAP’s Business Network Transformation Initiative. Co-authored a book chapter in SAP’s thought leadership book on the subject. Keynoted at SAPPHIRE, SAP’s annual partner meeting.
- Teradata: Consulted for the R&D as well as the Marketing and Sales organization for Teradata on brand strategy, go-to-market strategy, and corporate positioning for 12 years. Co-authored a book called The Sentient Enterprise with the former CEO of Teradata.
- Sony: Led marketing capability development programs for Global High-Potential marketing executives at Sony Electronics Limited at the invitation of the CMO of SEL for 3 years. Keynoted at Sony’s annual Sales and Marketing conference in Kyoto.
- Motorola: Led Product Management strategy workshops for several Motorola device teams (CDMA, GSM, 3G). Consulted for Motorola’s marketing leadership team on Product Management excellence.
- Samsung: Led Product Management strategy workshops for Product Managers across Samsung’s different business units.
- Google: Led a Product Management Bootcamp for the AdWords team at Google with the entire product management team in attendance.
- Facebook: Led a Product Management Excellence Workshop for the B2B Monetization team at Facebook.